Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the 2021 IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting was held as a virtual event 26 – 29 July 2021.
The theme this year was “Managing energy business during a pandemic” and included a wide variety of virtual events, many of them of interest to the PAC community.
Many electric power system professionals from all over the world participated in the cloud to present the results from their research and discuss the challenges that our industry faces.
The virtual event used the Juno platform which supported the different sessions, as well as virtual exhibitor booths.
The Super Sessions included series of presentations in composite sessions dedicated to topics of significant importance and discussed from different perspectives:
- Grid Resiliency
- Resource and Transmission Adequacy for Future Power System
- Grid Edge – Devices, Control, Applications, and System Operation
- Impact of Climate Change on the Power Grid
- Late Breaking News – Texas Energy Crisis
- Late Breaking News – Resilience Framework, Methods, and Metrics for the Electricity Sector
The conference program also included different forms of virtual technical tours, for example prerecorded videos that can be viewed by participants before their participation in a live questions and answers session.