HPS/RFL is proud to announce a major update to the GARD Pro protection communications platform to include support for IEC 61850 Edition 2.
With this upgrade utilities can now utilize legacy communications channels, for protection applications, between digital IEC 61850 stations.
As a result, there is no need to establish secure Ethernet channels between stations as existing digital networks or Powerline Carrier may be used.
Other new features include;
- Separate station bus and process bus ports
- Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) for redundant GOOSE communications
- Manufacturing Message Specification (MMS) for system control and status management,
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) for clock synchronization and
- IEC 61850 Edition 2 test and simulation modes.
For more information please visit our website.